Friday, December 17, 2010

Santispac

Dec 6 through Dec 13
This beach is pretty famous and well known to RV'ers. And it's not hard to see why. No real facilities, but it is absolutely gorgeous.  Roughing it never looked so good. Swam some but mostly just laid in the sun, from morning till evening. 75 degrees and slightly breezy all week, near perfect. Went snorkeling one day, saw tons of fish, but nothing real colorful or tropical looking. Water is a bit chilly, had to come in after 1/2 hour or so.
view to the NE

Every evening a guy comes around to collect the $8 fee. Any each morning various local vendors drive through selling fish, shrimp, tamales, etc. Bought a kilo of shrimp for 210P (about $8 per lb). Maybe not a great price, but fresh off the boat and it made ten separate meals. And I found myself really looking forward each morning to a fresh empenada or tamale (12P or about $1.05), very tasty.

fried up with butter, garlic and onions


 Met lots of really decent people camping down here, most were Canadians. Most all of them do this for about half the year, and some have been doing it for 20+ years. One guy from Alberta took me back into Mulege to show me around. I had previously discovered I couldn't get my RV down the narrow streets here, so never really saw much of the town until now. He showed me all his favorite places, shared his tribal knowledge with me, I learned so much. Mulege was hit hard two years ago by a hurricane and the damage is still much in evidence.
best sunrise ever seen

my backyard




1 comment:

  1. I Know that feeling just amazing LIKE IN PARADISE I had been there

    ReplyDelete